|Rainforest Reload: four trees with orange trunks; one with a semiblue/semiwhite trunk|
Hello again! This is the third post I've written this year.
As an IT person once said to me, "Isn't it great when you have your own Mac at home?"
The technical difficulties first: on the 20th and 21st June I could not comment on other Blogger/Google blogs because there was a pull-down menu with an empty profile.
When I clicked on the pull-down profile I did not see my name or account. I could still get into Halfway up Rysy Peak and still write in and on my GooglePlus account, so where that applied, that is what I did.
A technical opportunity was the chance to try out the new StumbleUpon interface.
[I can still pull away from it if I want/have to through the Beta settings]
- Grids and lists are now standard for the profile pages
- The "Add this page" is now on the right - click on the button and paste the link in the dialogue box
- The toolbar is fresh and clean
- We can see now how many likes we have exactly [this for me is 85,500+]
- The lists are now in alphabetical order when things are first being sorted
- When adding to lists, they are still in chronological order
|International Studies drawing. A butterfly; a hill; a pyramid and a Peruvian and lots of musical notes and staves|
I personally created a new list - my first in the new system.
It was Small Beginnings - the series where Sophie Masson is interviewing writers.
Looking for a great new way to embed it:
- There is a "Report Bugs" feature in the profile menu.
- Notifications are neater and tidier - in the last release they were a bell symbol
- The "Contact Other Stumblers" interface is different
- The followers and following are now in alphabetical order rather than in chronological or frequency order
- In the grids there are now 10 pages/links in each row